Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I just found out that one of my elementary school teachers, Paul Louis "Louie" Addington passed from this life today due to smoke inhalation from a house fire during the night.

    Some of you old timers may know Louis from teaching at Wise or Pound. He was also always around Kelly baseball serving as the clock operater during Coach Shupe's tenure. He was Mack's uncle if I'm not mistaken.

    R.I.P. old friend, you will be missed.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    One of the things I remember most about playing high school ball at Kelly. Louie was always there. Every practice, every game. There'd be a foot of snow on the ground and we'd be in the cage, he'd come in, sit down and start talking. After a game, he'd be at the gate eating a hotdog patting us on the back. I don't ever remember him missing a home game. Now he never will.

    He was a true fan of the game of baseball and a fan of the boys in pinstripes.


    R.I.P.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I sure hate to hear this.
    He was my 7th grade science teacher at Pound. I believe he retired soon after.
    He was quite a presence that's for sure!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    This is sad news to hear. One of my favorite teachers at Pound. Classes were sometimes put to the side when we got him to talk about war times. Makes me wonder what he thought about our troops in Iraq right now. A great teacher and I always loved his class. His family will be in my prayers. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BALLCOACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    Playing baseball for J.J. Kelly was a pleasure because Louie was always there to make you laugh. When I played he was at almost every practice and was at every home baseball game. I remember the time that he and Shupe got into a shouting match during one of our practices. He's the only one I've ever seen make Mack shut his mouth [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. He was a priceless individual.
    Hail to the Redskins

  6. #6
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I used to live beside him, my brother went over there to try to help when the house was on fire, they couldnt get in the door depsite beating it repeatedly. By the time they did get in it was too late. He was a very nice man, and he was always in a good mood when I saw him. I think he has a son that lives right down the road from where his house was.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    surely will be missed. i remember him from the kelly ballgames, but didn't know his name though. seems like someone told me that he was vet of the korean war.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    I never asked, but I think my mom said he was.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    Saw him not too long ago... His mind was still like a steel trap. He remembered things I couldn't. He surely will be missed. Also one of our favorite teachers.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: R.I.P. Paul Louis Addington

    On the news last night they said it's believed to have been an electrical fire. Apparently the house was engulfed by the time rescue got there.


    Who all remembers his famous one-armed push-ups in class?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •